Today is my birthday and to celebrate it here are my top 14 tips for young aspiring writers.
- Read as much as you can. Not just the type of books you want to write, but all genres of writing.
- Try to write every day. Don’t just work on your novel but other kinds of writing as well.
- Try different kinds of writing. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Make sure all of your work is as technically correct as possible. Spelling counts. So does grammar and punctuation.
- Enter writing contests. Writing contests are a fantastic way to motivate yourself to write more.
- Join a writing group/club. Interacting with other young authors can be a motivator for you to continue writing.
- Attend young writers workshops.These workshops are commonly taught by experienced writers and you will probably get some great opportunities out of them.
- Write whenever you can, however you can. Because it’s something you enjoy it will become a hobby for you.
- Draw your inspiration from everywhere.Keep your eyes open wherever you go, because you never know when inspiration will strike.
- Imitate writers you admire. This is because they can add to your ideas and create new ones .
- Story structure. Have a clear beginning middle and end.
- Set yourself goals. If you do this you will always have something to work towards and can motivate you.
- Don’t give up. Don’t let negative criticisms of your writing discourage you. Instead let them drive you to do more.
- Do the work. There is no magic shortcut to becoming a better writer or getting published. Beginning stories is easy. Finishing them takes more work and dedication.
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss out on a moment of my journey. Stay tuned for updates and be the very first to know about what’s coming in the future.Don’t forget,keep writing!